Why this section?

Poker strategies - moderated by InsideStr8

Moderator: Insidestr8

Why this section?

Postby Insidestr8 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:49 pm

What I’d like to do is stimulate thought and communication about poker. PBL has been around since early 2006 and one of its goals is to help people become better poker players.

The best way to do this is to talk about poker and help people think more about how they play the game. Some of poker is playing the odds, some of poker is playing against your opponent, and some of poker is luck. There isn’t much that we can do about the luck part, but we all can learn to understand the odds a little better, try to think more about how our opponent is thinking, and try to think a bit more about how we play the game.

So I invite people to respond to posts that I make, to question what I say or think, and to talk openly about the game. I’m sure that we will also discuss individual players on occasion, or state examples using player names. This is fine and the only restriction is to keep any criticism focused on how people play the game, and not to attack people personally.

Please ask anything and post any thoughts on the game. I’ll do my best to answer the questions or to comment on the thoughts. I am not a poker expert by any stretch, but I feel that we can all learn by sharing poker strategies and questioning each others thought process. If you’d rather ask a question in private, you can also send a private message to me and then I can raise it here in the forum.
Insidestr8

Re: Why this section?

Postby jellybean21 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:37 pm

i think this is great, you have already help me so much, to improve my game.
i get a little upset about players, overbetting sometime.but in the long run,
winners have the best hand.we have some rude palyers that will never chance.
but as a whole,pbl is the best place to play--poker.
thanks for being such a great person and player.
your friend,
jellybean
jellybean21

Re: Why this section?

Postby Speciosity on Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:08 pm

I have a question...what is the proper way to play small pocket pairs ...say 2 to 5..? Speciosity
Speciosity

Return to Poker Str8 Talk